Sara's Ramblings

Saturday, May 14, 2005

"In high tide or low tide, I'm gonna be your friend"

Ooooh 20 minutes until Will Ferrell on SNL. I just got home from Megs' HAWAIIAN BEACH PARTY. Hehehe. I got leid, and she's very excited about that.

Even though Megs' is one of my best friends, the funny thing is that I don't really know any of her friends. She has a huge chunk that came from choir, and then there's some from her jazz band. All super nice people, but it's hard to make small talk for hours on end when these super nice people are all loaded. I drove my mom's car over there, so I wasn't going to spend the night, and I certainly wasn't going to drive after drinking, so I stayed sauce-less. If the situation had been different, if Crap Bag hadn't been at the mechanic's, I would have just stayed over and had a few.

As it was, I stopped at Shadowlifter before I went to the party, but didn't manage to catch any music before I took off. The point was to support Stepping Stones though, so that was accomplished. Later, I made leave of Megs for a few minutes to see if I could catch Sarah or Jonathan, but alas, I arrived as they were announcing the top bidders for the auction. Shucks. I suppose that's what you get for trying to be everywhere.

Highlights of the evening:
- Listening to a very drunk Meghan sing torch songs while forcing one of her piano major friends to accompany her (despite his cries of, "I can't see the chords! I'm too drunk! Hand me my drink - where's my drink??")
- Proof that Trevor is alive. Until tonight I would have sworn that he was nothing more than a computer program, sending out the occasional email. Go figure!
- A chat with Tenaya on my second visit to Elgin Hall. Lovely to run into her (again, proof of existence is a good thing!) and catch up briefly.

I was talking to Nicki this week, and we were discussing how it's kind of fun to have a crush on someone. I was feeling a little bit nostalgic today, thinking about the last person who filled that role. While I'm glad it fizzled out and turned into a deep respect, it was something to do with my time. Ha! John is convinced that I'll find some hot Aussie to make my heart flutter (or whatever!). I don't often have crushes, so we'll have to see.

Hmmm... this Friday may call for some sort of get together chez moi.

I think tomorrow I'll pull out the big guns for a Mancandy II. I think it's time.

I think tomorrow I'll clean my room. I think it's time.

I think tomorrow I'll visit my grandparents. I think it's time.

It always astounds me that I'm able to write so much about basically nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home