Sara's Ramblings

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Twelve-Oh-One

I waited up because they said marks would be up on the 26th... and they literally pop up as soon as the new day arrives. I was hoping to put my mind at ease with the whole bio thing, but no word on that yet. I did better in both English 230 and Poli 260 than expected, so I canno help but hold high hopes that the two will help to suck my GPA back up if necessary. Though... maybe it won't be necessary. Meh. Whatever.

I'm so past the point of "caring" or "pretending to care". I just don't, which is sad. Egyptology was a stupid waste of my time and money and I am going to be really happy in eighteen hours.

As you obviously have discovered, I gots me a speeding ticket today. Oops. Going 80 in a 50 zone, eh? Pfft. Whaddaya mean I was SPEEDING? Relax though kids, it's not like I was doing it on purpose. It was that sneaky bit on SW Marine where it goes 80 / 60 / 50 in an instant. Then this cop jumps out of the bushes wearing a fluorescent vest that says "POLICE". Is it bad that I was more amused than upset? Probably. But it was pretty funny. I would have laughed harder, though, if it wasn't ME that was surprised by the sneaky bush-jumping cop.

Needless to say I drove home in the slow lane and watched as busses, tractors, motorized wheelchairs, etc., zipped past me.

I'm in a foul mood. I was sooooo looking forward to seeing my beloved care group this evening, but it just didn't work out. Plus all the other goings on. And I'm really annoyed by certain people. It's so lame... I can rationalize in my head that I am SO lucky, and SO blessed and I have it SOOOOOOOO GOOD. But sometimes it doesn't change the way I feel... damn you, innate selfishness!

Anyway, my purpose of staying up has been fulfilled.

2 Comments:

  • stupid speeding tickets. i'll call a judge up and ask him to throw it out. err, wait, um, i have no power. sigh, i guess you'll have to stay in the slow lane.

    anyway, we missed you last night. CG is not the same without you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 p.m.  

  • I checked mine at 1 a.m., got everything but math. Glad to hear the English and Poli marks worked out well -- I noticed the average in 230 was 81%, so I think he must have been pretty generous in marking those essays.

    Also, hey, a friend of mine actually got into a car accident right before her physics exam last week. So be glad you just got a ticket. :) (Besides, some of those motorized wheelchairs can really burn rubber.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home