Sara's Ramblings

Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday, Monday

Monday, Monday, so good to me / Monday, Monday, it was all I hoped it would be / Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee / That Monday evening you would still be here with me

There's a little The Mamas and the Papas to start off your week. Actually, today, like yesterday is all about Abandoned Pools. OBEY MY DOG AND KILL THE MALAYSIAN PRIME MINISTER I mean LISTEN TO ABANDONED POOLS. Er... sorry, I was watching Zoolander again.

Speaking of Papas (though mine would probably stop talking to me if I ever called him PAPA), my dad gave me all his Canadian Tire money last night. Isn't that sweet? It was truly an act of love, and for those of you know who know him, you'll understand the magnitude of this event. Dad, being the tight-fisted Scotsman that he is, saves and collects things like Canadian Tire money, coupons, door-crasher flyers, etc. He hoards everything. Often, if we go out for a special occasion, it will be, "OK, well we have an Entertainment Book coupon for _____, so that's where we're going! Kelly you pretend you're twelve, ok?" Oh my gosh, the BEST time ever was when he took Evy and I to see Beavis and Butt-head Do America. He wanted to sneak in some candy and they were checking bags, so he made me (at like, 11 years old), wear my backpack under my jacket and he was like, "if they look at you, pretend that you've got a disability." "Like, a hunchback, Dad?" "Yeah, walk with a limp." I'm not kidding you; that was the gist of our conversation.

But I digress. I thought it was very nice of him to hand over 8 bucks worth of the Crappy Tire currency. Bubba is being an uber ho and I need to get a new battery I think. But, speaking of Bubba, time to see if my "beloved" car will start.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

  • Did I ever give you an advances promo copy of their last album stuff? If not I can send you one (or several because I have a few of them.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home