Sara's Ramblings

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Merry Month of May

A bit of housekeeping --> I've started an Australia Blog here. If you come here, it's not going to be anything that much different, only it will be cleaner and less... rambly (maybe), for people like my grandparents and those who are afraid of the "A" word, the "B" word, the "etc.".

I'm still alive. I've enjoyed a week not so full of the computering and it's been really nice.

I passed bio, which is the triumph of the year... I didn't do well, but I have figured out that I must have gotten about a B- on the final in order to get the grade that I did. And that's really good for me. Really, really good. I must say, despite all the freaking out, that class probably taught me more than any other that I've taken. It taught me how to ask for help and how to study, and those are lessons that I will surely find valuable in life.

My Opa continues to recover from surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. Yeah I know it's news to me as well. No one told me for fear it would distract me from studying for finals. Good call. I was a bit peeved, and felt a little dupe, but definitely a good call.

Work frustrates me so very much. It's straining mine and my father's relationship to new levels of... straining. I like my job, but I'm thankful that I'm gone in two months.

Now that all of the major obstacles standing between me and Australia are gone, I can finally read the book that Kiri mailed me for my birthday (can't remember what it's called, but I'll post it later). I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of reads, I read the Martin and Gracia Burnham story in "In the Presence of My Enemies" a few days ago and it was spectacular. Not Nobel Prize-winning literature, but so heartfelt and a fantastic tribute to an amazing, God-loving man. Truly a blessing. More later (I think).

There is so much more I could write about, as always... Miss Frenetic Fingers always has lots to say, but I really just want to go to sleep. I went to GW yesterday for the first time in at least a month, and then again tonight, so I'm tired and looking forward to hitting the mattress.

One final "anecdote": I almost burst into tears today on the forklift. I was lifting 14' curved metal poles off a flatdeck in bunches of 12 (due to HORRIBLE PACKAGING) and a) would have been killed had it not been for that blessed side protection bar (the thing swung in and slammed into the cage); b) was scared out of my wits when the metal strapping of one bundle snapped and poles fell everywhere; and c) came literally three inches from blowing out the tire of the guy's truck. And this was with four people watching and guiding me, so it's not like I was being an idiot. I hate it when people cut corners. It can be so dangerous.

Sleep well.

1 Comments:

  • I hope your Opa does well in recovery and that he's healthy soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home