Sara's Ramblings

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

"Swing it shake it move it make it who do you think you are? Trust it use it grove it prove it show me how good you are!"

I was sitting on the bus this morning. Amazing how many stories come from this camp about riding the bus... maybe I should start writing songs about the bus a la the delightfully talented Sarah Latheron and her songs about driving her car. Anyway, there was a good-looking guy sitting beside me, well-attired in dress pants and a nice shirt, listening away to his iPod without a care in the world. I heard what I THOUGHT might be Melanie Chisolm (or whoever you spell her last name), but I figured it just couldn't be. Then came the chorus and I was delighted to discover that this guy was listening to the Spice Girls. I guess there's nothing wrong with that (and I am the first to point out that the SG lyrics in the title of this post were relayed by memory), I just thought it was amusing. Very amusing!

Sigh. I remember when I was a Spice Girls fan. Life was so simple back then. I was 11 years old when Jocelyn Teeple of all people got me their first cd for my birthday. And then we tried to see them in concert when we were in grade seven but couldn't get tickets. I remember how happy I was to not have tickets when Ginger Spice aka Geri Halliwell left the group and the ladies disbanded soon after. Sigh indeed.

And where I am now? Back in my favorite place in the whole world (aka the basement of, you guessed it, Koerner Library). What the heck? you say. Yeah, I know. Lame as hell. I have an appointment with academic advising at 11 45. That's what you get for showing up at 8 55 to wait for the office to open at 9 30. Some of these people are such diehards. Next time I'll just camp out overnight. I should learn from past experiences; if I had camped out at Semiahmoo Mall in grade seven, I might have acquired some Spice Girls tickets. Ooooh and would you look at now nice I drew a link between the different ramblings in today's blog! "Yay me! Yay me!" Maybe only Zahida will appreciate that "Yay me", taken from the skit that the Granville Theatre Sports did that was making fun of Jenny and Jeff and their hasty courtship. Mwuahaha.

Anyway the Spice Boy was my reason for blogging; I just had to check online to see that I had all my papers for this advising doo-hickey. Not one to spend more time here than necessary I'm going to get the CLAP out and into the beautiful sunshine. I wisely brought a book, so I'm going to sit in the shade and kill some time.

1 Comments:

  • where have u disappeared to, my dear? Why have you not been blogging?? :P I'm one to talk!

    Z

    By Blogger ZAHiDA MACHAN, at 5:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home