Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, February 27, 2005

MANCANDY

I was reminded of this by the start of the Oscars!

In alphabetical order, just for practice ;).

Howie Day




Sigh. Yeah, he’s cute, but not really that stunning. His hotness certainly comes from the talent. And the blue eyes! I’ve traveled twice internationally to see him (OK so it was just Seattle but shh), and skipped out early on a Poli Sci midterm (on which I did very well thank you very much!) to meet him at an MTV taping downtown, and it’s surely been worth it. If you’ve not heard the boy I would recommend asking me, for I have a LOT of his stuff, including live recordings (which kick more butt than this studio work ever will). The Madrigals DVD versions of “Ghost” and “Madrigals” blow me away… in fact I think that they should be shown on screen at PPAC because my tv isn’t big enough.

-----

Gary Dourdan
(left)


I didn’t even know his real name so I had to google it. All I know is that Warwick (apparently he goes by “Gary Dourdan”) is a good-looking, blue-eyed dude who solves crimes!!! So what if he’s not technically real?!! So WHAT? [Note: Warwick is a character on CSI]

-----

Ryan Gosling


He played the dweeb on Breaker High but he is no longer that dweeb. I remember thinking he was kinda cute, back when I was like, 13. Word on the street is that his performance in United States of Leland is quite good, so hopefully when I see that, it will redeem him from The Notebook. Not that I have anything against The Notebook; I think that I just went in with too high expectations because people had been raving that it was heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Anyway. Hot. Canadian.

-----

Jack Johnson


Jack I have had the pleasure of seeing twice. Once at the Orpheum, where he played most of the set solo (unbelievable!!!!!!) and once at T-Bird with Ben Harper (This was the first time that I did something alone with that crazy chick that randomly added me to her msn… what was her name? Oh yeah! Zahida! Who could have known at the time that her best friend went to my church?). Totally different shows but equally amazing. One thing that remained the same was his soft voice and Hawaiian-inspired melodies. In addition to being a great singer / songwriter / guitarist, he’s also an award-winning documentary-maker (Documentarist? Documentarian? Filmmaker? Docu-ho?) and surfer. He’s hot because he’s talented

-----

William Joseph




Oh you and your stupid piano. I think he’s trying to kill me! Megs insisted that he was gorgeous back when we both had tickets for Josh Groban (WJ opened). I couldn’t see… she was in the reds and I was up in the blues. Those of us up in the nosebleeds probably wouldn’t have known if William Joseph had been a woman, or a well-trained monkey even. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked up his site a while later. Of course being good-looking doesn’t make someone play the piano better. But that’s another story.

-----

Jude Law


There’s something about his Britishness I think. I find him charming. Kelly agrees, and she makes fun of everyone, so I knew I’d made a good choice when she commented in passing, “oh he is so hot.”

-----

Jared Leto


OK, well, Jared Leto IS a singer in a band, but let’s please not go there. He is not on this list because he is musically talented. Actually, let’s please go there. His band, 30 Seconds from Mars, was about 45 minutes of horrendous and offensive noise that I was forced to endure before Incubus (Incubus was WELL worth the pain though!!!). When I found out later that Jared was heading the band, I thought to myself, “well now that’s a shame.” It almost makes him less attractive. Almost. The good news is that I can be entirely superficial when the need arises. And right now is one such time.

-----

Jack Liebeck


See the problem with this guy is that stupid violin. He’s actually my friend Mike’s cousin and Mike brought me his cd when he was visiting from London in the summer. He’s really good and the world should be lucky enough to be exposed to him soon.

-----

Evan and Jaron




There are TWO of them!! They win the hottest twins category hands down (not that there are really any categories). By the way, note that they look the same and there are two. They wisely dropped the last name (Lowenstein) because that is not a hot name. One plays lead guitar, the other guitar and piano, so the question is, well, which one to choose? How about the unmarried one! Theoretically.

-----

Brad Pitt


It’s very difficult to have a list of mancandy without including Mr. Pitt. He has made it on here even though he’s old and blond. So that is saying something! As my mom said when I was showing her this list, “Jennifer what the frack were you thinking?”. Ha-ha!

-----

Tyson Ritter
(far right)


(second from left)




Haven’t heard of him? Yeah I’m not surprised. He is the lead singer of a mediocre band called the All-American Rejects. I like a few of their songs but I don’t know that I would buy their album. But he’s VERY CUUUUUUTE.

-----

Michael Vartan


This is for Stef. Happy Sunday, Stefanie. G**g stinks. And I chose not to fully spell his name so that you can avoid flying into a blind and violent rage ok? (…and Bradley Cooper didn’t cut it for me)

-----

Rufus Wainwright


Great musician. I love his voice and his piano-playing. Brea loves him more, though. The thing is… he himself loves men. Sorry Brea… it needed to be said.

-----

Tom Welling


TV’s Superman.

-----

Aaaaaand I think that's good for now. Kell helped me out by giving her "ewwws" and her "ooooohs" ;).

I am ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home