Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, February 20, 2005

John E. and John C.

T Guide: Read this on Tuesday

Friday after work I took Roxy to the vets. She was freaking out. Tried to jump of the table several times and was crying and shaking. It would have been funny if I didn’t love her so damn much. She is on antibiotics so hopefully she will be better soon! Speaking of sick though, my car is finally doing a bit better. My dad charged up my battery and cleaned the terminals and worked some other Tomko magic and now Bubba is starting which is just a delight. Out-STANDING.

Friday night was excellent. JJ Emmerton and I went to Sammy J Peppers for dinner and had a great time. I haven’t done anything with him since school started. He lent me his computer and I went to see him and Brea briefly back in October… oh and we drove Stef to the airport but it’s been way too long. Considering we used to live in each other’s pockets. It was really cool - he asked me to tell him about how I became a Christian which is just bizarre to be honest, because he is very adamant that he does not want to hear things like that. Afterwards he said that he thought it was all amazing and that he hopes we can talk more about it soon. Hmm! I am shocked (and those of you who know John will be as well I think!) but pleased. Because he was once one of my best friends and I would like to be able to share the most important part of my life with my friends!

Afterwards we met up with Trevor (Meier) and Dean for some John Constantine. I must say I got myself worked up for very little. I do tend to get scared by, oh, let’s say EVERYTHING, but I thought for sure that this would be terrifying. It wasn’t. It was mediocre, though the special effects were quite good. The best parts of the movie were when Gabriel gets punched in the face, and when John and Isabel do NOT kiss at the end. That would have been ridiculously uncalled for.

One major gripe that I had was that it was projected digitally on 2k rather than 4k. Just kidding. I have no idea what any of that means. In layman’s terms I think it means the quality was not what it should have been and I would agree that it was a little pixely.

I have midterms this week. I wish that I didn’t. I want to do well in 221 in particular because it fascinates me and it’s a key course in my program. What I need to learn to do is actually talk to the professors but the idea of going to an office hour fills me with terror. I’m too chicken I guess. Not that these people are scary, but I guess I am just very intimidated by them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home