Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Word of the day: MESOPOTAMIA

Today I choose to follow You / Today I choose to give my yes to You / Today I choose...

And I believe / And I will one day see / My God / In the fullness of His love / Jesus...

Revive us again...

I've lost myself for good within Your promise / And I won't hide it / I won't hide it...


Sooooo I didn't make it to GW this morning except to retrieve mein Buch. I went to Andrea's instead and picked her up for church. My left blinker / signal isn't working very well at all, though I've discovered that if I really pull on it and hold it down it will still flash. Kind of annoying but also funny :).

Church was good. Ross was very engaging, I found. Maybe it's because what he was sprechening about was interesting to me. Of course, this is usually the case. He's a dense preacher, but if you can follow, you can learn a great deal. The worship was really quite fantastic as far as I'm concerned. The more I do sound, the more critical I become of the things that I hear and sometimes it gets a little bit distracting. But I was so captivated by the piano that everything else went out the window!!! The thing is, secular music can affect me as well... so I don't know if it was at first simply that the piano player is so freaking good. But then I did engage in some good worship. It was neat to see Andrea there, dancing around beside me. Good to see her let loose!!!

Hahahaha!!! Best part of the day - when I took Andrea home, I popped in to see my precious baby Kyra, and there, lo and behold, was the BOY, on his hands and knees scrubbing the toilet!!! MWUAHAHAHAHA just where he SHOULD be. Darn... did I type that? Yes, yes I did. I don't hate him. I just dislike him quite a lot at the moment.

Hmmmm I didn't do very much else at all today... did some schoolwork (which has been quite pleasurable to be honest!) oooooh and I did some singing. Let me please tell you about the studio. Well it USED to be a studio, now it's just Ashlee's family room. It has the most beautiful acoustics - it made me really, really happy! The house itself was built by her Grandpa Looyen and he was an artsy fellow to say the least. He played the organ and the piano and he was an artist. In fact, the house is full of probably like 50 of his paintings.

Anyway. There used to be a huge organ whose pipes went up to the ceiling... I'm going to measure it, but I'm fairly certain the ceiling is 15' high. So you can imagine that this was a huge chunk of organ. And then there was a black grand piano set up in the middle ish. And on the other side, by the window (basically where I'm sitting right now), was an easel and all of Grandpa Looyen's artsy supplies. Sigh! I wish it were still like that now. I mean, Megs and I couldn't have danced last night, but we could have done some tipsy jamming or something ;).

Some things that Brea said today that I found amusing:

(This is a pretend conversation):
Brea: I want some Timbits
Clerk: Anything in particular?
Brea: No, just a mix. You can surprise me.
Clerk: OK no problem
Brea: Oh, by the way, I'm extremely diabetic and deathly allergic to sugar. Is that going to be a problem?

-and-

Sara: Yeah I'm going to lose all of my Heaven Dollars after I milk this one
Brea: Yep. One Heaven Dollar is going into the Hell Bucket!!

Hmm. I need to get her and Kelly together and see what they can come up with.

Alright that's about it from my neck of the woods. Oh but I'm going to measure the ceiling... brb... alright it's actually 13 ft. What I time I had measuring that little bugger. I was victorious though, despite Ashlee and her friend Stephanie making fun of me. Jerks. HAHAHA.

Uhh... by the way - sorry to those who got the text messages - I won't do that again... Also, Meghan apparenly got into the ol' email account so I'm not responsible for her!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home