Sara's Ramblings

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Today's the Day

So all of the planning and craziness has led to today. I'm really excited, and of course a little bit worried that something will go wrong.

I was thinking about it last night though... honestly, this concert would have gone off even without the bands and the help that I have managed to secure. BUT IT WOULD HAVE SUCKED. Haha. I was at that Tsunami benefit last night and it was the most poorly organized event I've ever been to, other than a Fuhrmann family dinner maybe ;). I didn't even stay to hear Stabilo it was so bad.

But to continue, I was thinking last night, and this event has been so blessed by the most amazing bands and the most talented and amazing people working behind the scenes. To be honest, I'm thrilled. Tonight is going to be a treat.

I'm worried about the MC thing. I'm not really a fan of talking in front of groups of people, so I am less than thrilled that this has become my job. I'll deal, though. I also am feeling a bit shy about telling the bands what they need to do. I feel as though they should be telling ME what they want to do. But that's unrealistic and organization is key. God give me the guts and the tact to be firm but not bossy if need be!

I can't believe that we got Stabilo and Sarah Latheron. That is so classy!

And three speakers? Lucky lucky lucky! A triple threat. They're good, too, I've heard two of them.

I'm on edge. But the good news is that very few people will recognize a problem in the execution of the evening's program unless it's something major. Like I accidentally told Stabilo that it's January 15, 2004, told Myke Madison that it's January 14, 2005, and stared blankly at Sarah Latheron when she asked me when her band should arrive - "Arrive where? What are you talking about? What concert? Who ARE you?". Yeah that'd suck. Must avoid THAT like the plague.

Well... I probably have way better things to be doing right now...

T-minus 7.5 hours 'til show time. Eep!

2 Comments:

  • Such a good show!!!! YAY SARA!!! You rock baby!!

    By Blogger Brea, at 1:20 a.m.  

  • what the clap Sara, you haven't posted at all today!! not even a post-successful-show bloggy. :P Anyway, show was amazing, all thanks to you, YOU, and more YOU! I am soooooooo proud of you. Like I haven't said that already, but I am. My little sister is all grown up, a mature and amazing talented and activistic woman :)!!

    here's another hug for your hard work!

    now UPDATE THIS BAD BOY NOW!

    By Blogger ZAHiDA MACHAN, at 6:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home