Sara's Ramblings

Saturday, November 13, 2004

"Clarity"

Yeah, it's also a song by John Mayer, but that's not what I'm referring to. My head has cleared and I've been provided with some perspective. So 5 o'clock just rolled around: time to pray for the team that's in Uganda / Kenya. I threw my hands up in exasperation and got a response. What a juxtaposition to the whining I've been doing for the last... hour. I was reminded of how incredibly blessed I am.... I think it's ok to be frustrated sometimes... but lets take a look at my situation:

- I am at a great university and have great profs
- I am being pushed academically to work hard which will help me to grow intellectually
- I don't have to worry about where my next meal will come from, or about where to find water
- I'm free to worship God and be as loud and proud about it as I want
- My immediate family is healthy and under the same roof as me

The list could really go on and on, but I'm kind of inspired to get back to work. My life is by no means perfect. But what started off as a prayer for the team became a kick in the butt from God; a reminder that I can handle it. Especially if I just trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home