Sara's Ramblings

Monday, September 13, 2004

And as Spongebob would say...

"I ripped my pants!" Why yes, that's right, I ripped my pants today. It was an interesting experience. There I was, walking to Physiology, with my 75 pound backpack (I had to buy some textbooks today... prettttty brutal), when all of a sudden, I trip. This is not at all unusual, but because of the weight on my back I was propelled forward and couldn't regain my balance. Basically I tripped and fell up some stairs, landing on my hands and knees, scratching myself up nicely and ripping a hole in the knee of my jeans. I felt like such a knob, but I wasn't really that embarrassed. More angry about the jeans. And now my knee hurts... wah wah wah.

SoulFood started up again tonight, and it's really... well it's like God has been stirring up the same sort of ideas in a number of people lately, namely Scott and the care group leaders. They're going to try doing care groups and SoulFood as a "package" I guess you could say, which is exactly what will work for me. Now I need to find a care group. Hopefully something will present itself in the near future, and if not, I'll just have to be brave and ask a group if I can join them. It's scary stuff, but I can do it if need be.... hopefully. I had to leave early because I conveniently didn't do some prep for a class tomorrow, but it was really nice to get my mind off school for a little while.

I think smiling is contagious... maybe I should do an experiment and find out.

Word of the day: spleen. Meaning: some sort of organ in the body. There is a detailed description in the dictionary, but what I like better is the archaic meanings: a) an ill-temper (ie, to vent one's spleen) b) melancholy c) a whim; a caprice.

I'm going on a little retreat on Friday and Saturday. I've never been on one. Should be fun and I'm excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home