Sara's Ramblings

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Sara... the Mexican??

I just got one of those fake airbrush tans.... hahahahahahah!!! Too bad for all of you I REFUSE to post pictures... I look like I've been painted to look like someone from Spain or Mexico. Not the normal Albino-ness that people are used to seeing for sure. Apparently it will look a bit calmer once I've showered, but basically I'm covered in body paint. It's amazing what people will do for vanity. My mom explained to me that I looked unhealthily pale, despite the hours that I spend working outside in the sun, and that I needed to have the airbrush tan done for my cousin's wedding so that I don't... well... glow. She's paying for it, so I don't care! I'll go for it. We did a "test run" a few weeks ago, and it worked out quite well. It makes my teeth look whiter too. Bonus! Aww! My Opa and his wife Dorle came over this evening for a visit tonight and it was lovely. I couldn't hug them because the PAINT was still drying, but it was good times nonetheless. MY COUSIN IS GETTING MARRIED IN THREE DAYS. I absolutely cannot believe it. I remember her asking me to be in her wedding party over a year ago, thinking that it was so far away and that the day would never come, and now it's so close to coming I am getting all excited. There are a couple parts that I'm really looking forward to... having my hair done, and the flowers. Of course I'm excited about her getting married and about the occasion as a whole, but as for being a bridesmaid... the perks are definitely hair and flowers. I LOVE it when people touch my hair. Well, most of the time. It feels nice. Maybe I'll get a scalp massage out of it. I wonder if you can pay people to massage your scalp? I would absolutely do that. As for the flowers, well, they're going to be so stupendously beautiful. I got to be there and help to pick them out and I can't wait to hold them and smell them and take them home with me and just enjoy their beauty. Many of you are aware of my fear of DEAD FLOWERS *shudder shudder*, but while they're living... man, flowers are so beautiful.

In other news, I'm getting a tooth yanked on Tuesday. That should be painful! Right on!

Things are going well for the PPAC team down in Namibia. I am so incredibly proud of them, and I just can't stop thinking about them. It's funny because I had wanted to go, but couldn't because of Shelice's wedding, and I remember being a bit disappointed, but I knew in my heart that I wasn't supposed to go on this trip... I felt like I was supposed to be here, praying for them. And God has absolutely re-affirmed this decision, as He's been reminding me to pray... and so has my watch. Hahahahahahaha! It's an ugly watch, but it does beautiful things. I haven't had a nice watch since my mom bit mine and broke the glass. Yes. She bit my watch to the point of brokenness.

Song in my head right now: The Corrs - Summer Sunshine

Songs that I expect will be in my head sometime in the near future:
Howie Day - This Time Around
Jay Duncan - Longing for the Moon (ummm whoa you gotta check this cd out!!!!)
Maroon 5 - Harder to Breathe

Unfortunately for everyone involved, "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer is NOT in my head. I think I should probably think about working on that one a bit, seeing as I'm going to be singing it for 350 people in a few days. Way to ruin EVERYTHING, Sara. Mwuahahahahahahahaha!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home