Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, August 08, 2004

My dog is anti-dirty!

Yes, the dog had her bath today.

We had our company barbeque today and I must say... it was mostly quite fun. I had been looking forward to it for quite a while, and we'd been making our beer list and our food list, etc. A few days ago, I started to get this feeling that I should not be drinking at all at this event. I am a Christian. I also enjoy having a drink once in a while. I don't think that the two are mutually exclusive, so I was a bit puzzled as to why I might be feeling this way. I prayed about it, and I kept getting the response that I didn't want to be getting, which was that I should not, in fact, consume any alcohol at the party. I was really displeased, but I decided to go along with it, much to the shagrim (shagrin? I don't know!) of myself, among others. Now. The thing that bothers me is that this was MY decision, and yet I felt sorry for myself for a little while, and I felt as though I'd been ripped off. Why is it that I felt that I had to make this choice? And why is it that even though I was incredibly disappointed, I feel as though it was the RIGHT decision? It doesn't make any sense to me. I hope that I wasn't being a stick in the mud. It made me feel like a mom... except Ashlee's mom DID have some wine, and that's the difference hehehe. She's cool. But that's off topic. I guess there are some decisions that we have to make in life that are the right decisions, even if they aren't the ones that we want to be making. I was so frustrated after coming home. I walked it off with Roxy though, which made me feel a lot better. She's good at walking, so it worked out well hehe. I'm still praying for those crazy Namibian missionaries, and I hope that things are going well over there. I'm also having a blast with the family's new digital camera. The best part is that I will be the one using it the most, but I didn't have to pay for it. Mwuahahahahaha. OK, sleep time. I wonder if anyone at work will remember what happened tonight. It might be interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home