Sara's Ramblings

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Five Years Totally Worth The Wait

I just got home from the Corrs concert. I'm still kind of in shock. After 5 long years of waiting to see them live, I was fearful that the anticipation and the expectation that has built up would leave me feeling disappointed and as if I'd been left high and dry. As a newbie "sound snob", said expectations have grown a lot recently. This is without a doubt one of the best, if not THE best concert that I have ever been to. Ever.

They started off by playing one of two songs by them that I don't like (two of like... sixty isn't bad!), so I knew that it could only get better, and it actually sounded really great live. The energy on stage was magical and Andrea was like a little faery flitting around stage barefoot while Sharon played violin in her stunning dress and these really cool shoes. It's hard to believe that they're sisters. Then again, Sharon can be playful and Andrea can be sophisticated. Ha! I feel as though I know them or something. Caroline wasn't there because she is too pregnant to fly, but the fill-in drummer was great. Sometimes drummers just aren't that good. I appreciate a good dummer. He was a good drummer. The usual bass and guitar players were there, as well as a synth player. Of course the ever-sparkly male Corr, Jim was there. Man can he ever play the piano well! It's very attractive. And I'm not attracted to him at all. Go figure!

Anyway, they played all their hits as well as some of the songs off their new album, Borrowed Heaven. I LOVE them as recording artist, and have listened to all of their cds too many times to count, but somehow seeing them live just blew me away. It was so beyond what I expected, even after seeing so many live shows on video. Being part of it... was amazing. I'm so thankful that my mom bought me my ticket, because it was EXPENSIVE. Though, to be honest, I would have paid that anyway. It was worth it in my opinion. Andrea is such a little thing and she can produce such a powerful sound. And then there's Sharon, whose violin is clear and the tone is just right.

Sharon and Caroline have a duet that they do once in a while on stage together called "No Frontiers", but of course, with Caroline not being there I wasn't expecting them to do it. Then Sharon came onstage alone and did it. It was so beautiful. Yes, I did tear up a bit. But I tear up a lot when good music is involved. I wonder why it is that music has the power to move me so much... does it work that way for everyone? Or only people who love and adore music? It's an interesting thought, though I think I know the answer. We've all been wired differently, so it makes sense that we would react to stimulations differently. It doesn't matter right now. What matters now is that I got to see The Corrs after so long, and I'm absolutely thrilled to have had the chance. They were amazing and I really hope that they come back. The only bad thing is that I won't be able to listen to any of their cds for the next week so as not to ruin the memories that I have playing in my head right now.

We're kidnapping Stef tomorrow at 6 15 to take her to IHOP for her goodbye breakfast... I should be in bed. Well I AM on my bed, but I'm not sleeping. Sara is such a bad girl.

1 Comments:

  • *sigh* the corrs! OH so I was thinking just now, I should record the guitar to Radio when i'm settled in with my computer and then send it to john, and then you can do the vocals :D how's that? And i'm looking forward to tipping some cows... well actually not really, cause that saddens me. It's would be like watching you flop around when your intoxicated. No matter how hard that cow will try to get up it won't. But then again, not as entertaining, cause you delight me with your hI-larious humor. I'm really bored right now.. OH AN EMAIL, on that note... *spastically pushes "Publish Your Comment"*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home