Sara's Ramblings

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

They're Going to Bless the Rains Down in Africa!

Oh REALLY?!!!!! There's a team from my church leaving for Africa this afternoon, Namibia to be exact. To be honest, I'd never heard of the country before they were going to go there, but they will be spending about two weeks in the country which gained its independence from South Africa in 1991 I think. They're going to be working in the AIDS-inflicted nation, staying in an orphanage, helping out around there to build things, visiting with victims of the disease, educating the youth about abstinence, etc. It's a really great opportunity for people to actually make a difference, and I'm so glad that my friends and acquaintances are realizing that people actually can make a difference. Wow. I sound really corny, especially with that last comment. But I'm serious. This is a beautiful opportunity to use what we've been given over here in North America and bless other people with it. And if you're not religious, don't think of it as a blessing, but rather an opportunity to not be so darned selfish. I will post my thoughts on this Namibia trip as they materialize into words. I just think it's amazing what these people are doing and I'm so proud of them. I had hoped that I would be able to go over there with them, but there is a time and a place for everything, and my place is at home this summer. If this interests you and you want to be kept up-to-date on the happenings over in Africa, visit www.wiredmeier.com/namibia and visit the site that they've set up to keep everyone informed. How precious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home