Sara's Ramblings

Thursday, August 05, 2004

In flight... The Corrs... Jay Duncan

Well I don't actually know if they're technically in the air at the moment, but in the next day or so, there is going to be a lot of flying for the Namibia team. It's exciting and scary. Apparently flights to Africa are somewhat less than comfortable at times. I hope they find themselves in a good position to get some rest. Somehow I don't think they'll find much once they arrive in Namibia. I'm glad that I can't get them out of my mind. As long as I don't turn into a crazy worrier as a result. Right now it's fine though.

Tonight I am going to see the Corrs with my mom and Ashlee. Back in the "day" (ie, when I was about 14-17) they were my favorite band in the world and my mom promised me that if they ever came, she would take me. Well.... mwuahahahaha. Guess who's mom bought her a ticket and is taking her this very evening? Why yes, that would be me! I really hope that they don't suck. That would be incredibly anti-climactic (that's the word of the day... I always thought it was anti-climatic. Apparently Nicki, with her MA in English Lit, disagrees. She is my boss, and is therefore, for all intents and purpose, always right. Hehe), and I would be shattered!!!! Well no, but it would be very disappointing. I think I'm going to torture the people at work today with a LOT of Corrs. Poor Meghan. Ashlee will be fine with it, because she's coming, but not so much Meghan. I'll have to buy her a McFlurry or an Ice Cap or something. Hmmm... I should ask Nicki if it's ICE Cap or ICED Cap. Somehow I think it's the latter.

Do you like music? Do you appreciate talent? If you answered yes to those questions, I really highly suggest that you check out Jay Duncan's CD called "Lazarus Church." I've had it on a lot in the last few days and I can't get his songs out of my head. He is an incredibly talented local songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist, and the songs that he and his bandmates have created are just... stunning. The disc itself is great because there are a few different singers, and even more of a variety in style. The production is pretty awesome, and doing sound at the church is turning me into a very picky listener, so that's saying something (though ask me again in six months when I'm a bit more trained and I may have a million suggestions on how to make it better :P). He's having a cd release party sometime in the next month or two, and I'll post it here. Because the music is great. Great great great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home