Sara's Ramblings

Monday, August 16, 2004

Love and Marriage

My cousin is officially Mrs. Bryan Rodier. And she has officially been released from the hospital after suffering severe heat stroke. Whoops. These last few days have been crazy busy and I'm so exhausted I don't even want to think about how Shelice must be feeling right now. Actually, with any luck she is in Hawaii now, after missing her first flight due to throwing up all night. Let's not even think about things like that though.

We had lots of fun at the spa, being girlie and spending money that none of us has I'm sure. But how often does one get to be a bridesmaid or a bride? Yeah, not very often. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Especially the massage chair. I think the videographer will have about three hours of me ranting about that chair. Thank goodness for editing capabilities. Getting ready was a blast, and we arrived just over fifteen minutes late, which really isn't bad considering the spa was an hour and a half late in getting us all going. Shelice was stressing a bit, but they did everything they could to accomodate her and get us out of there on time.

The day was perfect. Slightly overcast, with sun peaking through and a light breeze... a light breeze that blew the smell of manure our way for a bit, but it kept things relatively cool at least. Except for Shelice, wearing her $4000 French silk dress. The best part of that dress by far: she got it for free. Woot. But it was H-O-T I bet. She took it like a trooper, and she didn't look for a second like she was uncomfortable at the reception.

The J-P was crazy and we are all pretty sure that she had been drinking, judging from the alcohol on her breath, but she made it through the ceremony for the most part.

I didn't mess up my song, except for the fact that the dj didn't have a sound system, but rather a boom box that he sat beside, in the bushes. It was very... interesting. Oh... yeah and it went well except for one other little bit, where I FORGOT the first half of the first verse. Thank goodness no one noticed... I've never really prayed that hard during the middle of a song, but God came through and provided me with the words, and as far as everyone was concerned, there was no mess up at all.

They both did a great job on their vows, and none of us bridesmaids cried until afterwards, which is surprising, but probably a good thing. The best part was when the JP asked if anyone objected to their union and the cow across the street started mooing. If I ever get married, I want a cow to moo at that point during the ceremony. It broke the ice and I really hope that you can hear it on the video mwuahahahahahahah. If they want it in there I suppose. It's not my wedding, afterall.

My Uncle Rolf was the photographer and we all went to Peace Arch Park to do the wedding pictures. I went with the guy who walked me down the aisle, Bryan's brother Tim, who is the lead singer for a Victoria band called Moneyshot... so we discussed music (he knows / likes Stabilo... which makes him cool by default), so that was fun. His daugher Ava is SO PRECIOUS (she's about 6 weeks old I think). The photos should be quite nice, as the park is in its prime right now. And my uncle is very good at what he does. Thank goodness he doesn't have to do forensic photography like when he was a detective. Somehow weddings seem like more fun. Shelice started to feel really faint during the photos, so we had to get her Jolly Ranchers and a Coke. I suggested taking a bunch of pictures of her with her Coke... they could have sold those pictures to Coke for money dammit! Haha.

I like Bryan. I'm glad she married him. I like his family as well. And it's all about me and the things / people that I approve of, of course ;).

At the reception we were informed of some more exciting news - my cousin Brandon, Shelice's brother, has proposed and become engaged to his girlfriend Kasha. I like her too, so that makes me happy.

I enjoyed the reception, though my shoes were evil... but what can ya do?

Seems kind of like a big blurb and not really very coherent, but I think that's kind of what weddings are... a big ball of excitement. Maybe it will become clearer to me as the week progresses.

Tasks of tomorrow - getting my hair cut and having a wisdom tooth taken out. Woo to the former and boo to the latter.

Quickly - The Namibia team is on the road now, traveling to a safari park for their debriefing. Check out the site for some amazing photos and some amazing stories and keep them in your thoughts if you would be so kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home