Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, December 19, 2004

You spin me right round baby, right round

That's uhhmm... the song that I'm listening to right now. Should I be embarrassed? Probably. Am I embarrassed? Probably not.

I went to see Ocean's Twelve last night, and I don't care what anyone says. I liked it. Yes, it was a sequel, but heck, it was a sequel. It was very good for a sequel. Plus you really can't go wrong with Brad Pitt. Sure he's blonde, and old enough to be my dad, and married to Jennifer Aniston, and... "dresses like a gigolo" in the movie. That's irrelevent. I think he's pretty, in that "I'm blonde and old and married and dress like a gigolo" kind of way. George Clooney is old as well, but I might try to set him up with my mom. I'm sure she'd like that. She think he's a "honey". We'll just have to distract my dad.

Church today was good. I've been having a bit of a prayer issue in the last ten or so days, however, so I hope I will be able to deal with that. I stopped at my Grandpa and Grandma's house beforehand to drop off a Christmas arrangement that my mom had gotten made up for them as a Christmas gift. They're coming up to Whistler, so I didn't feel bad about blitzing off immediately. Grandpa was on the phone anyway.

Meghan found someone who was able to do a recording of piano accompaniment (how do you spell that??...?!!!.), so I brought my md and all of that gear to church to give to her mom. I realized, however, that there was no way that Megs would be able to work it, given that all of the writing has worn off and the display is cracked. Sooooo I called her and offered just to go along.

I was in a really bitchy mood to be honest, and I'm not sure why. Actually I think it was the conversation that I had with my parents. It's pretty sad that I can go from worshipping Jesus and then get pissed off about something so silly and trivial. I'm really fickle.

I'm just kind of annoyed because I've been left with a bunch of Christmas presents to wrap and bring up to Whistler, in addition to all of my things for two weeks. Not such a problem as far as the Greyhound is concerned, but it's just a hassle to take the bus from White Rock to the station in Vancouver. I do the Translink thing every day to get to school, and lugging my backpack is a squeeze, especially when the driver isn't very nice. So a backpack, a suitcase, and bags of presents isn't really something that I'm looking forward to. I suppose I could ask someone like my Grandpa to drive me to Vancouver on Tuesday, but I'm so sick of being a mooch and having to inconvenience people!! I guess the stubborn person in me would rather just take the bus! I'll have to call Translink on Monday though, to make sure that I'm even allowed to bring all that crap with me.

You'd think having a car would mean the ability to be mobile and just drive up there. But my dad is really against that because of the chance of a snow storm. Wow. I am such a whiner. I'll deal with it. I got over being pissy, too. At least for now dun dun dun!

Meghan is an amazingly talented singer. Did you know that? If you didn't know that, well just trust me. I went with her to Kristen's house. Kristen is the girl who offered to play piano. Kristen is a friend of Kirsten aka Kiri aka one of my besteses. Small world. Meh, it's White Rock. It's a small town. Anyway. We went over there and the two of them went through each of the three songs once more to make sure that Kristen had the right groove and zazz going on, and it was just incredible. INCREDIBLE, I tell you. I was moved to tears by Meghan's voice. She has improved so much since starting at Cap and I was blown away. My favorite was "Do Not Find Me Sleeping". Yeah, that was the one that had my tearing up. It's not just the fact that her voice is stunning (which it is). It's also that the song is simple yet has a powerful message, and she has learned how to work with the lyrics and to really put emotion into her performance. Gah so beautiful!

John has some awesome music on this computer. I'll have to put some more on it as a thank you for lending us his child / girlfriend (I think it's the former; Ashlee holds that it's the latter).... like some Matt Nathanson maybe.

Speaking of Matt Nathanson, me and Stef are going to try to do "I Saw". We always SAY we're going to do stuff and we never end up getting anything done, but I think that has a lot to do with people who get in our way and distract us. Both sets of parents are out of town, though, so we're going to just give 'er and make it happen. Plus we solved the whole problem of not having a mic / cables, so now we have no excuse. And I have learned that people will be nice and lend things to you if you tell them that you think they're handome!

Stef's timekeeping has improved tenfold since the last time I saw her. I guess it's because there's nothing else to do in Saskatchewan except sit inside your house and play the guitar.

I love this keyboard. I've been trying to think of things to write about so that I can keep clicking away on it. It's so... clicky or something. Why does stuff like this amuse me so?

"One-Two-Three-Four-Five / Senses working overtime!" Yep that's me!

I listened to the Beautiful Madness EP a lot last week and I've decided that it's currently my favorite cd. Why? Because it's stunning! Because it is raw and yet finished. Because It's got a live feel to it, but it still sounds like a lot of work has gone into making it sound beautiful. Because it's talent left unruined by excessive polishing. Because the songs are well-written and well-performed.

I wonder if each part was recorded separately. I always though it was done live, but then I realized there is both Chris' electric guitar AND Chris' piano in "Paperboy". And then I realized that the two instruments are never featured at the same time. And there is enough of a break for him to move his guitar aside before playing the piano. So now I'm just not sure. All I know is that my perception of these things is more accute these days. Like Nate's drumming has ra-ta-ta-ta and it's zippy and snappy... And I don't think anyone else cares... BUT HUMOUR ME PLEASE!!!!!

What should I get my dad for Christmas? I was going to get him a camera case because as of right now he has our digital in a PILLOWCASE which is horrifying for so many reasons. But then my mom claimed she didn't know what to get him so SHE got him one. Now I'm up the creek. Ideas? Please? Pretty please?

2 Comments:

  • Zahida.... NOW who's the rambler? I've read it like 6 times and I'm still not sure what you're saying! All I know is that there was an offer in there somewhere IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF. Haha. You're sweet.

    But why haven't you read every single word in my blog? YOU NEED TO READ EVERY SINGLE WORD IN MY BLOG or our friendship is over (yes... friendship... I hate to break it to you, but I don't think we have the blood thing going on!!!!)... because my ramblings are IMPORTANT and crucial to your understanding of the world.

    Have a good day at work :).

    By Blogger Sara, at 7:32 a.m.  

  • That's weird about Kristen, hehe.

    I am le tired :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home