Sara's Ramblings

Monday, December 13, 2004

Every Day's an Adventure... when you're dramatic

Remember when I wrote that my car, Bubba, has been under the weather? Well in speaking with my mechanic it was determined that I should bring it out to Burnaby, and that it would be safe for me to do so. I drove out to Tomko and it was making some weird noises but they were coming and going. Plus, Mike (the mechanic) said it was fine. And he knows a lot more than I do. Anyway, I have no idea where Mike lives, so I followed behind my dad. Mike is actually Tomko's mechanic, so he charges about 1/3 of what other mechanics would charge me for labour... because Bubba is a little mini Tomko truck. Kind of.

I followed my dad and once we were in Burnaby I got worried when I started to smell burning and the engine guage was indicating that the engine was quickly overheating. When I saw the steam / smoke, I called my dad on his phone and told him to pull the heck over. When I tried to make a right hand turn off the highway, I discovered that my power steering was gone. Oh, so THAT'S what the battery icon was trying to tell me.

So now my car is somewhere in Burnaby, parked on a road awaiting a tow. Dad works close so he's going to go back when the BCAA guy gets there. Thank goodness I followed him. Thank goodness I had my bus pass in my pocket and that the SkyTrain station was near by. Thank goodness for BCAA. Ten dollar tow? Oh I think so.

It was very dramatic though, especially since we were in an industrial area with a bunch of semis and stuff. I've never driven a vehicle without power steering, so it was a bit odd and at first I thought that the engine had shut off or something. Oh well. Like I said the bus ride home was fine and I have the money to pay for repairs so it's the best time for this to be happening. Everyone is safe and happy :).

Yesterday was good. I did sound at PPAC and there were no major messups. I found another note instructing me not to touch things, taped to the soundboard. And then the soundperson in question showed up and started hovering. All part of the job I suppose. Somehow doing sound was different yesterday, though I'm not sure how as of yet.

Kell came with me to the 6 o'clock service and I wanted to introduce her to people there but she was being all shy and "nnooooooooo they look scary". Hopefully there will be other opportunites :). After the last service there was a clean up crew yelling threats of "strike", preparing to take down all of the fancies from the production. Sara the sellout had to take off soon after for a family get-together. I haven't really been going to many of those lately and so I felt I should probably make an appearance, since, for the first time in 25 years, my mom's entire family will NOT be together for Christmas Eve.

Somehow I got trapped by a table, listening to some woman that I really don't know (her husband is my uncle's best friend or something), listening to her talk about her perfect daughter. It was really interesting.... interesting in that, "wow you're disillusioned" kind of way. Just when I thought I would be able to make an escape, she started on her son, slightly less perfect but also exceptionally amazing. Wow.

I got to see my OPA! He's so cute. His health surely isn't what it used to be, and it hit me that I need to make more of an effort to spend time with him and his wife Dorle. He gave me a hug and repeated several times, "I miss you. I miss you." Gulp. Yeah it was a bit of a kick in the pants. I promised to come by after exams and before I head to Whistler. And I will! Even though it's getting harder to understand him, I love being able to share with him my excitement and my questions and my struggles as I develop as a Christian. Not only are we close, but he just has that experience of having lived a long life, most of which has been spent as a follower of Jesus. Yep so I'll definitely have to do that.


The Christmas Song - DMB
She was his girl; he was her boyfriend
She'd be his wife and make him her husband
A surprise on the way, any day, any day
One healthy little giggling dribbling baby boy
The wisemen came, three made their way
To shower him with love while he lay in the hay
Shower him with love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love, love was all around

Not much of His childhood was known
Kept His mother Mary worried always out on His own
He met another Mary, who for a reasonable fee
Less than reputable was known to be
His heart was full of love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love, love was all around

When Jesus Christ was nailed to His tree
Said Oh, Daddy Oh I can see how it all soon will be
I came to shed a little light on this darkening sea
Instead I fear I've spilled the blood of My children all around
The blood of My children all around
The blood of My children's all around

So I'm told, so the story goes
The people He knew were less than golden-hearted
Gamblers and robbers, drinkers and jokers
All soul-searchers
Like you and me, like you and me.
Rumours insisted that He soon would be
For His deviations taken into custody
By the authorities, less informed than He
Drinkers and jokers, all soul-searchers
Searching for love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love, love was all around

Preparations were made for a celebration day
He said eat this bread but think of it as Me
Drink this wine and dream it will be the blood of our children all around
The blood of our children all around

The blood of our children all around

Father up above
Why in all this hatred do you fill Me up with love
Fill me up with love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love is all around
Father up above
Why in all this hatred do you fill Me up with love
Fill Me love, love, love
Love, love, and the blood of our children all around

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home