Sara's Ramblings

Saturday, December 11, 2004

"Don't repatch anything"

And so were the words of a soundman.

I'm a bit irked.... does irked carry the connotation of annoyance? If so, that's not the word I want to use... it's more of an exasperated amusement maybe. Whatever. What-eva!

I went to Starbucks with Kiri because she's going back to Calgary in January so we don't have a tonne of time and we must do things together as much as possible! Sheesh the people there know us by name I'm sure - but tonight there was no caffeine. Decaf all the way baby!

But I digress.

As we were leaving Starbucks, a black VW pulled up and slowly stopped in front of us. As per usual we were in our own world and continued walking until the driver rolled down the window.

*cue sinister violin music here*

Oh! It's just one of the dear techies over at the church. Not really sinister. But interesting nonetheless. Before he even opened his mouth I assured him...

"Don't worry, I won't touch anything tomorrow, ok??"

I'm doing sound tomorrow and he has been doing sound for the Christmas production, working hard to make things sound as good as possible. I understand his fear (no, let's call it paranoia), but I already got the warning on Wednesday. Kind of hard to miss the 90% of the board that was taped off with "NO TOUCH" written all over it. Or maybe it was the "I waited for you to come to make sure that you don't ruin the beauty" or something like that, referring of course to his hours of hardwork.

He made one request from the car: "Just don't repatch anything, k?"

OK. I'll just unpatch everything and leave it. Because I like to ruin! BWUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sometimes people make me laugh with their silliness.

My car is broken. But that's ok! The church is close!

2 Comments:

  • If I were you, I'd patch the kick and snare backwards just for fun...

    ... not that I'm advocating that sort of thing ;)

    By Blogger none, at 10:46 p.m.  

  • You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    cash for cars logan
    cash for cars gympie

    By Blogger Hazel Donovan, at 6:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home