Sara's Ramblings

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Morning Emails...

You know how sometimes you will check your email in the morning as your day is about to get started, and one email can sort of set the tone for the rest of the day? It could be a good thing, and other times it gets you worrying. This morning I got an email from the manager of the band that I've booked for the Sudan benefit concert, saying that he hadn't checked with the drummer, who is busy that day. And the pub isn't available again until March now.

So the day can't really change.... unless the venue changes. But I got the venue for free... The option is to have the two frontmen do an acoustic show, which definitely IS an option, because I've seen them acoustic and it's amazing. But now of course I'm worried that people won't want to go to a pub to see something acoustic, but what do I know? Maybe they do? Plus there would be a couple other bands. I just want to get people there.... as many people as possible so that we can raise money and bring in some speakers who will be able to impact the crowd with their personal experiences of what has been going on in Sudan.

Of course I really shouldn't be focusing on this right now - I have three exams in the next three days. But now that I know that this needs to be dealt with, I'm going to be thinking of all these different scenarios and trying to work them out in my head. God is an amazing Provider, that much I know. No matter how much I do, it's going to come back to Him, and He's going to bless this beyond anything I could ever imagine if that's what is in His plan. But that doesn't mean that I can just sit back and not do anything. If He wants to use me, then I have to let Him, and I have to act. I sort of have to act before Friday.

Usually I'm a lot more go with the flow and laid back, but for some reason I've been more.... ummm.... push against the flow and laid...forward (yeah... I'm really not cool at all and need to not write things like that)? I'm not quite to the point of anal retentive, but I think my stubborn side is coming out a bit.

I think I need a change of subject to avoid becoming engulfed in my own thoughts all day.

I had a really nice evening last night; I went to Costco and threatened RTV I mean helped pick out some Christmas gifts, and then went to a place called Cat's Meow on Granville Island, with my care group. They had really nice restrooms.... you can tell a lot about an establishment based on their bathrooms. What a weird thing to say. Again.... I'm not cool at all.

Which reminds me. Kell helped me buy shoes the other day, and I ended up getting the same pair as her because I think they're really cute and comfortable. She was trying to teach me how to lace them up and stretch them out so that I could wear them like real skater shoes. But, as I've previously determined, I am no punk. I'm not even "Cool as [Vanilla] Ice". Kelly was making fun of me, but I explained to her that her big sister just doesn't have the thug in her. So I'm going to wear them with the laces tied up because they're much more comfortable that way. At least for an uncool square such as myself.

I think Friday after exams I'm going to have some fun. I've never actually been to the Pit other than to meet with managers, so I'm thinking you should all come join me down there for a celebratory drink or ten. Though truth be told I won't need ten. Alcohol, much like coffee, has a very potent effect on me. Half a drink and already... haha.

Alright... I think I'm going to have a little chat with the Man, see if He wants to give me some insight about this whole situation. I know that He wants to bless all of us.

And for Stef, who likes to be the centre of attention (and 'rightly so'!) -

STEF IS COMING HOME TODAY FROM SASCRATCHMEONE FOR A FEW WEEKS WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO.

Hmm? That good, Stef?

1 Comments:

  • YAY ME! i leave in.... well i'm at the airport in like 1 hour and 30 minutes and then plus another 1.5 hours minus 2 (time change) aaaand I should be ruining in Vancouver at 3:10! A welcome parties are muching obliged!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home