Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, November 28, 2004

"Show me how pretty the world is... you're brilliant when you try"

I dug out my Matt Nathanson cd because for some reason I got him stuck in my head while I was at GW this morning. He's really very good, and I highly suggest that you check him out (http://www.mattnathanson.com/). Even better, http://www.archive.org/ has some amazing live sets. He tends to do his live sets with just his voice, his 12-string, and his cello player, Matt Fish. It's really beautiful. I would hazard a warning, however: if you are easily offended by the foul-mouthed and crude, DON'T get the live stuff, because he likes to talk about dirty things in between songs. I am not easily offended by that stuff, so I don't really care, but I wouldn't let Kell listen to the in-betweens.

Song currently playing - Pretty the World by Matt Nathanson

I picked my dad up from work this morning. He doesn't often ride in my car. I think it scares him. But I'm a good little driver, I promise. I got to see Larry (one of the crewbies), and I certainly don't envy him for having to work today. The warehouse is significantly colder than outside. And it's pretty cold outside.

My mom's company "Kids Christmas Party" is today, at three. Hmm.... it's 11:22 right now. I don't think we have to leave until 2 30, so technically I COULD have gone to the 11:15, but I didn't know this when I made plans to go to the 6pm. It's all good though. I'm going to be helping out with the wee ones. [Yeah right Sara. You just want to go so that you can be the best laser bowler ever. EVER. And the only way to do that is to play with a bunch of little kids.]

I'm looking forward to tonight because I get to see my Megs! We're going to go to the evening service. I really like the evening service; my only qualm (or spleen, if you will) is that no one really goes to it. I love the smaller group, as well as the laid-back feeling, but no one I know is ever there. I enjoy it though; it's a lovely change. So yeah, we're going to go to the evening service and then we're going to go see a certain movie (umm), and then I'm going to drive her back to her place in North Van cuz I haven't seen it yet. I figure it's about bloody time.

Plus car time with Megs always kind of rocks. We're both twisted. And we both like to sing. So it's either hilarious and twistedly good times or we just sing the whole way.

I didn't get my research paper written, but for a really good reason - can you believe I am now AHEAD in Biology? Crazy and unbelieveable and crazy. And maybe a little more crazy thrown in there for fun.

Yesterday at Save-On, "creepy keyboard man" was temporarily replaced by "not creepy but quite talented keyboard lady". It was definitely a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home