Sara's Ramblings

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Remember When It Rained?

There's a little Josh Groban for this morning. It's a good song. Hmmm I haven't listened to him in a while.

Wow. It's really raining! I got soaked going from my house to the car to GW and back again. It really makes me NOT want to go to school.... but of course I will.

The good news is that it's not cold. Just wet. Very, very wet. I think maybe it's a day for my big red jacket, though we'll have to see.

My car has really good windshield wipers. I went crazy and paid the extra four bucks for some skookum wipers and it's definitely been worth it. Being able to see while driving is fun!

I'm still in shock about my room. Every time I come in, I'm prepared for the worst and then it's "OH SIGH! OH IT'S CLEAN." It's like I don't have a purpose in life anymore ;).

My dad was at Costco in the States this weekend and bought this stuff called ZipFizz. Oh my goodness. They're these little vials of powder and you mix them with 16-20 oz. of water and they make you CRAZY. I had one yesterday before I went to GW and within 2 minutes, it was as though I'd had a couple cups of strong coffee. Hmm.... what's in them? Active ingredients: L-Arginine, Caffeine from guarana seed, L-Taurine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Grape Seed extract, Green Tea Leaf extract, American Ginseng Root extract, Ginger root. Hmm... ok so maybe THAT'S why they make me crazy.

I like the new Destiny's Child song. I haven't really been a fan of theirs, nor of Beyonce's but I do like that song... whatever it's called.

Tomorrow is American Thanksgiving. So that means all those crazy Yankees will be... acting all crazy and Yankee-ish.

Oooh I also really like Kelly Clarkson's new song, Breakaway. I can't find anywhere online that has it on sale though, which makes me sad. Apparently, as I've heard through the grapevine, Avril Lavigne wrote it. Interesting!

I've been reading up on the endocrine system and it's really fascinating. My pink highlighter has basically run out, so I've resorted to orange (only Stabilo brand highlighters, thank you very much), but yeah. Lots of orange going on. The endocrine system is hormone-related. It's incredible to see how complex our bodies are. Quite brilliant actually. If we only knew all the stuff we get done each day!!

My mom got me a Spongebob pirate with Spongebob sweet tarts in it. I haven't opened him yet. But he DOES make me want to say "Yarrrrrr" all the time. Does Spongebob have a cult following? Like iPods? Does that mean I'm cultish? It's funny because Kelly and I stumbled upon Spongebob when he was first on Nickelodeon, on a rainy day down at the trailer. We had no idea what he was. And then a year later EVERYONE is talking about Spongebob. Yep. That's right. We're trendsetters, Kell and I.

Roxy is sick.... she hasn't her normal energy. I had to drag her out of the house last night so she could go to the bathroom and she went right back in. So I had to carry her and place her in the grass. How dramatic. Maybe she isn't sick at all, and just realizes that she has us all whipped. Through my mom she can get us to do anything ;).

My media presentation is tomorrow. I drew number 6 which means I'm on the first day which means that I don't have to be finished - we're supposed to talk about wherever we are in our research. So far I am having a LOT of trouble gathering a corpus. There's LOTS on the Sudan, and very little on the homeless in Vancouver. Somehow I thought there would be more. I guess that's a point of interest in and of itself. I'm looking at marginalization in the media, and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised with what I find.

I realized something sick today [Note: apparently "sick" is now slang for "cool" but I mean it as "sad / wrong" just so you know ;)]... I haven't seen Kiri since Zahida's birthday party. Not cool at all. But she's one of those crazy Yankees with her crazy Yankee Thanksgiving, so no go for doing something tomorrow. We'll have to make it soon though, dangnabbit. What a word. Or non-word I guess.

OK. That's quite enough from me for now.

Have a good day.

1 Comments:

  • "...all those crazy Yankees will be... acting all crazy and Yankee-ish."

    Like they ever DON'T? :P

    "Oooh I also really like Kelly Clarkson's new song, Breakaway."
    John Mayer has sung a song called Breakaway. I bet it's 94594357934573 times better than hers! :D

    I hope Roxy is feeling like herself soon.

    I hate spongebob. Are you going to come do cultish things to me? Like shave my head and force me to watch that stupid cartoon? :P

    G'luck with the presentation.

    I'm tiiiiiiiiired. Stupid rain.

    "But she's one of those crazy Yankees" Don't blow my cover dammit! Now I have to hide from the mounties :|

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home