Sara's Ramblings

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

STEF

Ha. How do you like THAT, Stef? You're now a TITLE. And I'll also remind you that you're the subject of one of my very first rambling. Why? Because you're precious. [Sidenote: 23 isn't too old. In my opinion your cut off should be about 26. It's great that he's "mancandy" (I watched Mean Girls this weekend), but make sure that he's intellectually stimulating too, ok? Cuz I think you'll get bored of an idiot, regardless of his hotness, fairly quickly. If he can make you laugh and / or is musical, good sign. And that's Auntie Sara's advice for the day.]

This is what you get for wanting to be mentioned in a blog. You're front and centre for all the world to see (and by all the world I mean not that many people).

Moving on.

I got my other English paper back today (220) and despite working about a million times harder on it than the last Brit Lit paper, I only got 1 percent higher. I was kind of choked, but it's ok. It's really ok. You know how sometimes people will say to you, "Oh don't worry about it. It's not the grade, it's what you've learned" or something to that effect? I think I'm kind of starting to believe it. The class itself is amazing. I've heard from a lot of people that this woman is a particularly hard marker, and so... I figure as long as I'm getting constructive feedback that will help me, I can deal with a 72. I'd prefer that it were higher, of course, but I dunno... it was so silly. Right after my classes today I got on the bus and got off at Broadway and Granville, and then had this encounter (something about dreams and not letting fear hold you back. Little dream, lotsa fear. Survived. Good times) and afterwards I was laughing at my own stupidity in the situation and realized... yeah, this part of life, growing as a person and developing character, is way more important than a mark on a paper. And maybe that mark on a paper is irrelevant when you look at what I'm taking with me from the course. Maybe because of taking English 220 on Tuesday mornings with this particular instructor, I've been stimulated in a way that will help me to intellectually explore or question something that will consequently have an effect on the person that I become.

Maybe I'm just trying not to whine or be disappointed. But I think I'm really ok with it. Haha. Go figure.

1 Comments:

  • WHAT!!?!?!? I'M A TITLE!! This delights me!! Yea, as for Mr.Mancandy, he plays the GEETAR, which means he can't be "Ryan" aka The Lesbian crazy... cause that was just scary and WRONG. Now the question is, is he an intellectual overgrown-child-punk-who-plays-the-guitar??? The jury hasn't reached a verdict yet!


    stef the title

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home