Sara's Ramblings

Monday, October 04, 2004

I Love Jackson!!!

Jackson is the best. He's such a handy little guy to have around whenever I'm in need. On the bus, in my living room at 10 30 at night, walking home from YA, doesn't matter. He rules. (For those of you who don't know, Jackson is my mindisc player... I acquired him when I was still naming things). I spent about 20 minutes just now dancing around my living room, and the best part is that while I was getting my freak on, my family was fast asleep. Mwuahaha. Sneakiness!! I enjoyed a brisk walk home from Young Adults and so I had lots of energy.... though a few minutes of reading my Bio textbook will put me to sleep :D. It's by a guy named "Martini". What a wicked name to have. Truth be told, I am a little bit fond of martinis.

Speaking of bio, I managed to stay awake in class today and I was actually engaged for the most part!!! And when I was in the dungeon reading this evening, it was making sense. I'm so glad. I missed three buses tonight in an attempt to make it back to White Rock, but I made it only a few minutes late... good thing nothing ever starts on time at P-Po (that's what the homies call it. not that I would know). But the bio is entering the brain and sticking around, so I'm glad I decided to go back and get the textbook, which I left on a bankmachine in the SUB.

Today's the first day since last Friday that I've been able to hear properly. Both my ears were plugged. Kind of an interesting perspective, but not something that I'm very fond of, especially when I need them to work by Wednesday evening. But they're all fixed and suddenly I feel as though the world is yelling at me!

So yeah, I had Basement Jaxx on repeat - it reminds me of the days when I was a cheerleader. Haha, yesterday at the Breast Cancer walk, there was a cheerleading team performing and I was thinking "oh look at how sloppy her form is" and "she should be going higher". But that's because I'm mean and nasty. *Sigh* I was such a good cheerleader. HAHAHAHAHA. Oh gosh that was a few years ago. *I'm feeling all nostalgic!!* It was a great experience though. I even was head cheerleader one year, and I got to be in a movie, and I was on the BC AllStar team and I was all full of spirit and crap like that. But it's true what they say about cheerleading moms... they're crazy. This is why my mom never socialized with any of them. Because we're a different kind of crazy here in this family!!!

I have a confession...

Are you ready...?

Michelle Harper would laugh at me...

I'm kind of enjoying reading Aristotle in my philosophy class... (Sara: Aristotle? What's that? Michelle: INCEST YOU SAY?????? -- the story here is that Aristotle married his niece who was also his adopted daughter... we, as grade 10 students, found this very amusing) what kind of weirdo am I? I knew it was bad, but this is verging on ridiculous! I don't know that I agree with the guy, but I do respect the way that he writes. I guess it's no worse than liking Derrida (I found out one of my profs studied him a lot in her graduate classes and she's looking for something else for me to read by him... again... something is wrong).

Hehehe I'm talking to Brea on MSN and I have the picture of myself scowling... works out perfectly because it looks like I'm scowling at the conversation... not true by any means, but fun nonetheless!!!! OH! Turns out that Kelly deleted the pictures while she was taking pictures of Kaleena. They met some guy on the internet and told him that Kaleena is a model so they were trying to doctor up some photos. I need to have a talk with the KellBell or something. Cuz that really isn't very cool at all.

I get to do sound for a wedding this weekend... I love weddings. Of course, I'm going to cry, but as long as it isn't enough to short all the electronics up there, I'll be fine. I'll just bring kleenex.

Good songs:
Basement Jaxx - Red Alert (though there are some crummy remixes)
Dishwalla - Candleburn, Opaline
Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside
Sarah Harmer - Almost
Dakona - Sara's Playground (though clearly for the title)
Anything Floyd Cramer (he was an oldies piano player... my mom... no wait I shouldn't tell stories like that)
Groove Armada - Superstylin' (radio mix)
Apocalyptica - Nothing Else Matters
Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love
Howie Day - More You Understand (solo acoustic)
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Lenny
Tom Petty - Learning to Fly
The Killers - Somebody Told Me (I REALLY like the drums... I don't really know what the other instruments are doing, but the drums are great)

[I've been going through all of the eleventy kabillion songs on my computer, and these are a few goodies that I had forgotten about]

I'm always looking for new music, so anyone has any suggestions, do pass them on :D.

One final thing that's been swimming in the sea that is my brain. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I don't think that people tell each other enough how cool they are. There are so many times when someone will say to me "oh I love the way that person did blah blah blah" or something to that effect, but then not tell the person. I think that it's the coolest thing to be able to tell someone how amazing you think they are... and yet sometimes I don't have the "courage" (in quotes because I am not impressed with that word but can't think of anything better) to do it either. I wonder why this is. I don't know who reads this... but everyone is cool in their own right (Is it right or rite? I think it's right). If you're my friend, one of my relatives, someone browsing and accidentally caught in my world of whimsy (you poor thing!!!!), trust me... there are amazing things about you. Just thought I'd remind you, in case you'd forgotten.

Well... I have nothing else to say. I've run out of words. (LIES!!!! But I have to drink I mean read some Martini).

(wow, can you tell that i like typing, and don't like reading bio?)

1 Comments:

  • Song suggestions!!!!

    Snow Patrol - Run
    Future Leaders of the World - Let Me Out
    Alter Bridge - Open Your Eyes
    State of Shock - If I Could
    Jason Wade - Everybody is Someone

    They're all rock, minus Jason Wade (sounds Beatles-ish). I have them all if you can't find them.

    Kiri (your musical homie...or something...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home