Sara's Ramblings

Monday, September 20, 2004

I am such a REBEL!!!!!!!!!

I have decided that I am going to rebel against society and wear my jeans - the ones with the hole in the knee. Haha! I've never actually owned a pair of jeans with a hole in the knee so I find the whole situation slightly more amusing than it actually is on a Monday morning. To complete the outfit, I'm wearing my housecoat over everything. Not in public of course, though it is the most wonderful housecoat in the world, hands down. John got it for me for my birthday, and it's exactly like his - an old man, blue terry cloth thing that hangs almost to the ground. It's rad.

I don't have class until noon, but I woke up at 5 am with the realization that I probably agreed to take Willy's day for sound... on Thanksgiving weekend. Let me check my calendar.... yup. Hmm.... how do I go about telling this to my family? "Guess what, Mom and Dad? Your first born is an inept moron who doesn't think things through ever!!!" I looked in my Palm, and I was like "Sweet! I have nothing going on that weekend!" Duh Sara, it's Thanksgiving. So hmm... let's just hope hope hope that it we aren't going to our trailer that weekend... and maybe I can convince them to do Thanksgiving on Monday or something. Otherwise I'll be by myself on Thanksgiving. That might be kind of cool. A reflective Thanksgiving... Meh. That's what I get for not thinking very much. I should probably go and write in all major holidays so that I don't do this again.

Anyway. I woke up at 5, prayed a bit, then got up and went to Great West. Now I'm home and ready to go with nothing to do except school work. Bah! I think not! Actually, I'm lucky because I have read two of the three works I'm studying at the moment, so it's not as pertinent for me to be reading at the moment, especially since I don't WANT to. Ha. I have been perusing through smugmug.com, and I found a few sites that I thought I would share. http://williams.smugmug.com/ and http://winkphotoworks.smugmug.com/ - both very, very nice.

SO! The retreat to Mount Baker was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it, including the rides to and from. There is so much to see, and I found myself looking out the window a lot. Plus the company was good, again, both ways. There was one kid there that I had known for half a year at Clear, and I got to know him better in less than a day than I had in 6 months at Clear - it was cool. I love how my prayers have been answered in such a real way lately. I was hoping to get the opportunity to get to know some of the worship team members better and whazaaa. Three weeks later there's a retreat.

The air was great up there - I was right about the sweet smelling-ness. On the Friday evening, we all went to the chapel on the campsite, and just shared a little bit about ourselves with the group. Phil, Trevor, and Eric shared in a bit more detail, and by the end, I felt like I knew a bit more about everyone there. It sparked conversation that followed to Saturday, and I think that was one of the points - the sparking. From there, some beautiful worship broke out, and though I was nursing the NeoCitrin and shouldn't have been singing, I did a bit anyway. It was great - the rain was pounding down outside, and it was so cozy inside.

The rest of the evening was spent in our cabins - yeah, we stayed up giggling like little girls. Quite the fun times. I can't believe how old some of these women are. OK, that came out HORRIBLY wrong... what I mean is that I really thought they were a lot younger than they are. Which means that they look youthful. There we go... that sounds a bit more like a compliment!

On Saturday we broke into groups and went to discuss worship team format and questions about the ministry in general. It was cool to once again hear what's been on people's hearts. Sometimes I just like to observe. Basically from there we were done, and went for our lunch before heading out. The camp itself was so cute - very stereotypical, mess hall, chapel, cute little cabins. It reminded me a bit of Kwomais.

Around lunchtime I was a bit shocked to receive some pretty nice encouragement from two people whom I absolutely respect. I dunno... I was a bit taken aback, surprised about what they said, but it made me feel really, really good. And I'm such an egomaniac, I need to hear these things on a regular basis. Well of course not, but I really had no idea of how I was doing. I figured I wasn't so bad at sound that all of a sudden Matt just "happened" to show up every time I was scheduled, but I hadn't heard anything either way. I love doing sound so much, and I'm excited about this course that I'm trying to get into. I want to try to speed up the rate at which I improve at mixing, so the promise of "hands on" is appealing. More experience = good. Mwuahahahaha.

Man, the Sumas border is so quick! We breezed through both ways. I got "stuck" in cars full of cool people both ways, so it was nice. Then again, all the people that I got to hang out with this weekend were cool. Yeah... so overall I am so glad that I went. So glad. Did I mention that I am so GLAD that I went on this retreat?

I still have an hour to kill...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home