Sara's Ramblings

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Some things that make
working at 5am
cool
worth it
bearable:


Some of our customers are a hoot. (HAHA!! Hoot! Hooooooot.)

For example, Robert, a Purolator driver who comes in every morning on his way to work. He always orders the same thing (a venti hazelnut soy latte) and I hypothesize that it is physically impossible to not feel more cheerful after talkihg to him. First of all, he knows all of our names, announces that it is "so good to see [us]", and then goes on to ask how each of us is doing, and then finishes off by finding something beautiful to say about the day, even if it's pouring rain. Before leaving, we get a "thank you so much, this is wonderful!" and a "have a fantastic day!" Now, seriously, why the dickens can't he be Tomko's Purolator guy? Maybe then we wouldn't use DHL. Actually... I think that regardless, I would like to adopt him, perhaps as an Uncle. What is our policy here in Canada on adopting Purolator drivers?

And then there's the middle aged bodybuilders who come in, strutting around in their "Gold's Gym" sweatsuits, and daintily drinking Earl Grey tea. Today, the German one (let's call him The Hülk... because isn't that just a fun name?) was sad because I ran out of samples, and had to go back and cut up some more. He met me at the counter, took the sample tray from me, and proceeded to prance around the store, offering samples to other customers...

I spent my entire shift singing along to the Christmas music, and dancing, too. Jean said it was "so cute", but I think because she's only been speaking English for a year, there was a bit of a language barrier there... how do you say "friggin' annoying" in Mandarin? I'm pretty sure that's what she meant.

Umm... that's all I've got for now. The rest of today should be interesting: up at 4am, have to do sound tonight for Uncle Phil's Diner, then I have to write some sort of "term paper" for tomorrow... debating whether or not to take a nap or just take it like a man....

Oh and also. Here is a picture of my dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home