Sara's Ramblings

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I am sneaky and full of lies

ON THE 20TH DAY 'TIL CHRISTMAS, SARA GAVE TO MEEEEE:

THE AVENGING UNICORN!!!!!! I had forgotten to explain this back in the 'day', so here you go! Woot. No, I mean WOOT!!

So I took a road trip in October, to see Guster in Seattle. Lucy was my accomplice, and good times were had by all (especially by the two of us!!!!). I meant to post about it, but I... didn't.

Anyway, when we were in the underground market at Pike Place, we stumbled upon this comic book store of insanity, and were prancing around, killing time when I found THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Avenging Unicorn Playset... well... maybe I should just write out what's on the box, cuz it's much more interesting than anything I can bring to this conversation!!

The Avenging Unicorn Playset, with 4 magical horns and 3 figures to impale!

DO YOU BELIEVE?
Unicorns are magical creatures that exist only for those who believe. When they are not frolicking in dewy meadows or posing on windy cliffs, they are helping believers to do away with daily annoyances.

Does the New Age lady at the bookstore get on your nerves when she starts ranting about her latest encounter with an ancient warrior spirit?

Are you tired of being accosted by the creepy mime who thinks he deserves a quarter for pretending to be trapped in a box?

Does that arrogant businessman in the well-pressed suit drive you crazy with loud talking on his cell phone in a crowded elevator?

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and summon a unicorn. If you believe in the magic of unicorns with all your heart and soul they will answer your call.

MAGICAL HORNS:
Not all unicorn horns are the same! Each one has unique magical powers.
1) Pearlescent: mind control, weather control, super hearing
2) Spiral: illusion casting, super healing (i.e. turns blood into rose petals)
3) Glow: hypnosis, enhanced agility
4) Chrome: electromagnetism, speed reading, teleportation

THE UNICORN CODE:
1) Unicorns never lie.
2) Unicorns always lend a helping hand.
3) Unicorns are loyal.
4) Unicorns can keep a secret.
5) Unicorns don't use drugs.


So there you have it. You may be asking yourself, "this sounds a lot like something Sara would say, only much more clever." I thought so, too, which is why I think I bonded so quickly with this product, and why I took it home with me, smuggling it across the border like the minx I am.

[edit: I forgot to mention that I tried to use my cheque to pay for my purchase... the people in the store were NOT impressed, but I was delighted]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home