Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, December 03, 2006

I love this girl.

Yesterday we had an amazing chat that put my mind at ease. No, that's not right; it didn't do that. But it helped me to realize that it's ok to feel the confusion that I'm feeling, and to realize that I'm not alone in that confusion. It was truly appreciated and truly needed. And then tonight we took it down a notch with THIS after-church dialogue (names removed to protect the innocent):

Megs: So do you have a crush on _________?
Sara: No, why? Do I seem like I do?
Megs: No, not at all, really. I was just wondering.
Sara: Do you even know who he is, though? I didn't realize you'd met him.
Megs: He was that guy who was helping you _________ the other day at the _________, right? With the beard?
Sara: Umm, no I don't think so. ______ doesn't have a beard.
Megs: He was the one with the very clean-shaven beard.
Sara: ... [laughs]... no, he doesn't have any facial hair.
Megs: Ok, maybe I'm thinking of the guy from Desperate Housewives
Sara: [bursts out laughing}
Megs: The one with the really dark hair!
Sara: Oh, that's not ________; that's _________.
Megs: Oh!! OK. And he's got the spiked hair!
Sara: No... his hair isn't spiked at all. But it IS dark brown.
Megs: But with blonde streaks.
Sara: No...
Megs: I don't wanna talk about it.


And that's pretty much verbatim... 75 points to anyone who can tell me what a clean-shaven beard looks like.

----------

We took communion at church this evening. As I was reflecting, I realized that tonight, what it means to me is that I'm allowed to push. And I am SO thankful for that.

----------

And now, an actual gift (I hope):

ON THE 22ND DAY 'TIL CHRISTMAS, SARA GAVE TO MEEEEEE:

MUSIQUE DU JOUR

Musique Du Jour! Every morning, I make a playlist with the tunes that will get me through the day. In no particular order, here's a selection of what made the list today. As you can see, my tastes range from jazzy to country to pop, to just plain awful (see Head, Hole in the).

01. 5 O’Clock People - Blame
02. Feist – Gatekeeper (One Room One Hour Mix)
03. Rufus Wainwright – Somewhere Over the Rainbow (live)
04. Louis Armstrong – La Vie En Rose
05. Global Deejays – One Night in Bangkok
06. Ryan Adams – When the Stars Go Blue
07. Dixie Chicks - Landslide
08. Peter Gabriel – Your Eyes
09. Ella Fitzgerald feat. Louis Armstrong – They Can’t Take That Away from Me
10. Sugababes – Hole In My Head
11. Keane – A Bad Dream

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • I think a clean shaven beard is a beard shorn off...

    Or one that is entirely free of cornflakes, dander, and other unsightly items stored away in it...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home