Sara's Ramblings

Saturday, April 02, 2005

The World Looks Different Today

Alright, so maybe it's not "TODAY" per se... the thing is though, things are a'changin'. Many things. I feel like I'm moving on from a certain something that's probably been holding me back and it just makes me happy and relieved and happy and relieved. So here's to you :D.

Thanks to some people that I feel rather fortunate to know, I think maybe I'm starting to understand a bit of what's been going on with me lately. Their intelligence pushes me to THINK, and though I am rarely able to rise up to the challenge as of yet, I like where this may be going. I always like controversy and inner confusion ;).

The thing is (and this is a short thing, because I have to start reading The Last Tempation and then go to sleep)... perhaps I haven't had the Damascus road experience, but perhaps I have. No, I didn't walk to Peace Portal with the intention of persecuting those pesky Christians, but there I stood in a church I swore I would never return to, surrounded by a sea of strangers. Then all of a sudden it was like, "Hey Sara. I'm Jesus. Nice to meet you." Or maybe it was more of a Revelation 3:20 kind of deal. *Knock knock. Knock knock.* "Hey dude, she's not answering..." *Kicks down door*. Heeeeere's JESUS. Maybe that's why I feel like I owe SO much to this church building and community. I wonder if Paul ever kissed the dirt of Damascus road and thanked it for being being such facilitator ;).

So for the past three or so years, I've been filled with awe. Not to say that I have been anti-intellectual, but the basis of everything has always been, for me, that Jesus showed Himself to me in a passionate and life-changing encounter that I can't deny.

Anyway, where I'm going with all of this, to bring it back into focus (to UN-digress, if you will). I always want to be filled with awe; I don't want to lose that, ever. But I like the idea of thinking through, of pushing, of struggling, of questioning. Because as Anna and I were discussing today (after sitting through a class presentation during which it was decided that Jesus was the product of a rape), how is it that the world sees Jesus? How is it that I see Jesus, and how is it that I am living my life in accordance with what I believe to be true?

I promised I would keep this short...
"Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you happen to miss the knocking, I'll knock a little louder. If you still don't hear me, I'll just let Myself in. Or kick down the door. And then we'll have a meal together as friends."
- Revelation 3:20 (New Sara Translation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home