Sara's Ramblings

Monday, January 16, 2006

What a beautiful day...

I spoke those words this morning, a sarcastic comment made to Trev as we trudged through gloomy yet all-too-familiar rain this morning.

But now I really mean it.

The rain still falls from the sky, thick clouds bursting with wet. And yet, I feel so... good. Good is an underrated word, because to feel good is really quite a satisfying experience.

I spent most of the afternoon happy and comfortable. Warm and inside, I sat cross-legged on barefoot--you can take the girl out of Australia, but you can't take the overwhelming need to wear flip flops out of the girl. Clutching at a thick white mug filled with spiced tea. Struggling over Saussure's argument for the arbitrary nature of the sign, originally written in a language that is not mine, and, for that matter, written not for publication, but rather compiled from lectures delivered to his students. Students who like me sat fresh-faced and slightly intimidated, trying desperately to understand, to wrap their heads around the new and unfamiliar.

I'm content for probably the first time in a while, and, as it appears the only alternative at the moment is stress, I'm pleased to accept the former. Since returning I've been happy, and I've been unhappy. Both can be exhausting... I'm so pleased to finally have found some middle ground.

Today felt almost normal.

1 Comments:

  • HI!! I haven't read this in a long time... guess it's time to catch up... umm no actually I'll just start at the car pictures... nicely done ;-)

    By Blogger Mat, at 7:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home