Sara's Ramblings

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Oh, the Interweb!

I finally have an internet hookup in my room, which is very exciting! It still costs money, so I will still have to adhere to my 'not blogging every waking moment of every day' rule, but I'm glad to have access when I need it for really important things. Like blogging... shoot.

Anyway, I realized something last night that I think is really important. I was talking to a friend earlier in the day and I learned some things that I wasn't exactly happy about. It put me off, and when I really got to thinking about it before I went to bed, it really started bothering me. I feel helpless over here, like I can't contribute to the situation being over in Australia. So I was sitting there, getting sad and a little bit angry, when I realized, well, when was I in control EVER? Did it make a difference? When, in Vancouver, did I have any say in the situation? Never, really. Despite my best efforts, there are some things that are and will remain to be completely out of my control or influence.

Instead of making me feel depressed, it was a great moment of clarity. It was humbling--IS humbling--to know that I'm not the one running things, and to know that at the end of the day, I found myself on my knees bowing before God, praying with more reverence than I have in a long time.

Oh hang on... there's a repairman in my room.....

2 Comments:

  • No, not hot. Old. Very nice though! And he fixed my socket, so he wins!

    By Blogger Sara, at 9:14 p.m.  

  • Hehe...hot aussies...hm...

    anyway, I absolutely agree that it is sometimes aggravating not to be in control - as that does give us a some sort of security. but sometimes, I feel there is more security in knowing that someone as good and perfect as God is in control of my life. I mean, He's perfect, all-knowing...and I'm not...I need to be humbled though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home