Sara's Ramblings

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I Be Illin'

I have a cold, but I was thinking about it last night... I haven't had a cold yet this school year. It's quite extraordinary - I was born 2 months early so I tend to be more susceptible to getting colds.

I moved into Ashlee's last night, but I was smart enough to bring my old man house robe. So I'm wearing my old man slippers that my dad got me for Christmas, my old man robe, and some nice comfy pjs. I'm so glad that I don't have class today. I think I'll just lose myself in 1984 (though I didn't appear on the scene until a year later ;)!) and take it reeeeeaaallly easy. This cold really snuck up on me, the little sneak.

Sunday night I went to a really nice place on Broadway, right across from Mountain Equipment Co-Op. It's called Martini's. Cheap and excellent meals, great service, nice restaurant, and of course the company was terrific. I would definitely recommend going there. And seeing the girls was really nice.

Yesterday was Monday, right? Yes it was! What the heck did I do yesterday? Oh yeah! I went to A & B Sound with Stef because she had a 150$ credit that she needed to spend, and I had to take back the cd that I got for Kell for Christmas because she got the same one from my aunt. I also handed in my application. I need a job. Really, really badly.

After I dropped Stef off, I picked up Megs and all her stuff and we drove to North Van to drop it off at her place there. I met her landlady. She does seem crazy. Megs' parents went up to Whistler, so she didn't want to have to bus there with all her shiza. We had fun anyway. Probably too much fun. There's this guy in her choir who raps on the side... but it doesn't make me want to stab people! It's not bad! He's a Christian rapper... and if you ignore a few of the lines like "me and my peeps be illin'", there are some amazing lyrics there!! I was shocked! So we listened to that cd. And I'm more convinced than ever that I should be a rapper! Kidding. Kidding. I still don't like rap as a rule. The c is silent you know ;).

Then my family went to dinner with my grandparents, who are going back to Arizona today. Lucky ducks! I went there once... it smells like orange blossoms. That's what I remember most.

Oh wow, do I ever have a deep and seductive voice right about now. Well, seductive if I were a guy perhaps. It's spectacular. I wonder why people's voices get deep when they're sick.

Hmm... maybe what I SHOULD do today is print off some more applications and fill them out. Then when I'm no longer germ-infested, I can drop them off. That'd be great. Hack all over the manager as I'm trying to give them my resume... the only way to success!

The Sudan concert is less than two weeks away... I can't believe how quickly it's come up.

1 Comments:

  • you need a job eh....

    Well, come online and I have a proposal, but I don't know yet too many details....

    interested? I dont want to give details here, and you're voice is to seductive while you are sick (don't want you to "seduct" me) so I can't call you...

    By Blogger ZAHiDA MACHAN, at 7:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home