Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Puddle Monkey.

Kiri's now in Calgary. I hope the flight was safe, my dear.

We were going to go to Crescent Beach yesterday but it was too cold so we just drove by it. Haha. I dropped her off and then went home for a few hours and read a bit. I am reading 1984 right now.

[Tangent: I love this book - it's really making me think. Of course this might be a bad thing... I really think far too much. And then I let one thought lead to another and it starts an entire new tangent of thinking and then some thoughts get really deep and then they sometimes start contradicting one another and I can just sit for hours... anyway yeah that's what this book is doing to me... in fact I wish I were reading it right now... right this second... but I can't until I finish packing or it will most likely consume me and then I'll be late leaving this evening]

Afterwards, I went to Kiri's to see her, Matt, Morgan, and Bridget. It was very interesting indeed. Lots of old memories! As it turns out, Bridget told me that she would be at PPAC this morning - for her mom and stepfather's baptism!!

I swung by Megs' this morning and we went for coffee and a crazy chat. I think I'm going to help her move her stuff back to North Van tomorrow. It gives us car time. And like I'm sure I've mentioned, car time with Megs is always doubleplusgood (it means really really good in Newspeak... if you haven't read 1984 do it NOW)!

At the 11 15 I ran into B(ridget) and met her mom.

Five people got baptized this morning. I always cry at baptisms. It's like... I'm leaking or something. I sat between Sean and Zahida and they were both making fun of me. Grrr. I'll have to refer them to my good friend Gimpy the snowman, and remind them of what happens when people piss me off :). So I cried a bit. About five times. Bridget's mom used the same verse as me in her testimony - Revelation 3:20.

After a very awakening service, Z and I went for lunch, which was cool because I haven't seen her in ages. She got me a really cool scarf for Christmas, and it's... really cool. Doubleplusgood! We talked about idolatry and stuff like that. I'm not going to set any resolutions for the year, but rather goals that I can ease into. I need to refocus a bit I think. I've been talking with Jesus a bit more in the last few days (finally), and I told Him that I'm going to work on a few things... maybe it will help this problem I've been having with not really being able to pray.

For a few months back there, I was introduced to this whole new world of prayer and it was fantastic. And now it seems like it's gone. Which kind of sucks. If I hadn't known prayer could be so powerful, maybe I wouldn't miss it so much, but now that I know what it CAN be like, I WANTS IT! I don't know if it's something that's changed, something that I need to fix... or if it's just a period of time that I need to work through. I'd feel better if I had some idea as to what's causing it... it could be that the answer is right there and I'm not paying attention, or maybe I'm blowing everything way out of proportion hehe.

As far as idols are concerned, there are a few that seem almost like prisms to me. I aim towards the goal, and I shoot my beam in the direction that I think I'm supposed to shoot, but then things get into its path, and the beam is spread out into all sorts of directions and not a whole lot ever makes it to the destination. There's still too much getting in the way. My intentions. Some distractions that I wish weren't there. I suspect however, that God has placed them there for a reason, and I even think I know why some of them are there :p.

Soooo yes we talked about that a bit, and Zahida says she'll pray for my praying (har har).

I have been listening to a LOT of Queen in the last few days. I love it. Kell actually got it for Christmas, and I immediately burned it. Killer Queen is my current favorite.

Tonight I'm meeting up with some girlfriends from Arts One and I'm psyched because I haven't seen Veronica or Miranda since April, and it's been too long since I've seen Helen as well. We're going to Martini's. I've never been there, but I won't be having any. Sounds interesting though.

Ok enough, unless you want a laugh at me. If you want to laugh at me, refer to the poster in my last post and ask yourself what a concent is. The girl who made the poster messed up the email address, so I had to quickly scoop that one up. Just in case. Ahhh it's turning into a comedy of errors. But I'm going to buy my ticket soon! Might as well lead by example.

1 Comments:

  • "concent" eh....its too bad the Grammar Nazi didn't pick up on that.

    how are the leaky eyes? making any puddles like said puddle monkey might? muhahaha.

    still waiting for "Mike" to come online...I know...watched kettle never boils. I'm not really 'waiting' per se...just hoping.

    ok, I'll stop now, and post on my own blog so you have something "stimulating" to read.

    By Blogger ZAHiDA MACHAN, at 7:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home