Sara's Ramblings

Monday, December 27, 2004

It's Like F-reakin' Oktoberfest Up There!

Do any of you have German / Austrian families like me? Is this normal behaviour for Germans, or is my family just crazy?

- the stereo is pumping Schihutten-Fete 2000 und Lieder, die von Herzen Kommen
- the homemade wine that my Onkel Leo makes is quickly disappearing
- Tante Traute is starting to speak almost exclusively in German
- Rob and Rich (my mom's cousins, Traute and Leo's sons) are getting louder and "funnier"
- They're about to open the rum...

So that last one isn't that crazy EXCEPT: let's take into account the fact that this rum is EIGHTY PERCENT ALCOHOL. I'm not kidding.

Do you ever wonder why I am the way I am? Hmmmm!

Alright well I've posted like 3,000 times today, so I think that'll be it from me until tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • It's the festive SPIRIT ;)

    Okay so if you want your insides cleaned out after the mince pies and turkey, use that cleaning fluid, erm, sorry, I meant "rum".

    We used the Niagara Ice Wine I bought in Ontraio here for our festive lunch :) Oh it is SOOOO good. not a patch on 80% rum but hey...

    So long as your cousins don't go around with the rum wearing eye patches shouting "ahoy me hearties!" :|

    By Blogger Mike, at 5:54 a.m.  

  • Ohhh sara, everything looks so beautiful. The snow is absolutly amazing, and it sounds like you are all having such a good time. Im so jelous! Soak up all the greatness you can, and bring some back home...(if you ever come back, I wouldnt come back if I had a place like that;))

    My parents are away, so its been nice having the house to myself:)(with the exception of Fiddy, but he has been good:)) ... I have to shower and go to the store now. Hearts(L)

    By Blogger Brea, at 8:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home