Sara's Ramblings

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

QUICK! Staring contest... You win... You always do...


Thanks to David for originally putting this on his blog... it has provided many minutes of hearty laughter from this camp.

Goulet!

I'm writing a paper this evening on a piece by Garrett Hardin. It's thrown me into a bit of a frenzy, because myself and Hardin obviously see (or saw, in his case; he is no longer with us) the world very differently. Or perhaps more importantly I think his argument just sucks. The main metaphor he applies is too much an oversimplification, the paper is riddle with falacious logic and claims and he defines his own terms, ofetn citing himself as his own source.

I'm trying very hard to pick through his argument bit by bit, but I'm letting passion get in the way of getting methodical. If you were to walk past my room at any given moment you might hear something l ike, "BASTARD!" or "It's a good thing you're already dead!" or, "were you eating special brownies when you wrote this????"

But, I prattle.

I've been thinking a lot about what I want from this life, and what I have the potential to give. I guess nearing the end of an undergrad degree will do that to you, especially when priorities have changed so much in the last year especially...

Anyhoo.

Debating whether or not to set up shop at Ye Olde Starbucks, my home away from home.

Enjoy Mr. Goulet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home