Sara's Ramblings

Saturday, January 27, 2007

And who could forget Tuesday?

I realized I never blogged about certain Tuesday "festitivies". How silly!!

Tuesday morning I had it in my head that I was going to do a few errands before heading to Tomko and then to UBC. Parked at the IHOP/TD Canada Trust parking lot on 152 and 24th, I grabbed some money to bring round to PPAC. When I got back into my car and tried to start it... nothing. Tried again. Nothing. It wasn't even clicking or turning over. I didn't drive during the snow that we had a few weeks ago, but it had worked fine the previous evening, so I was surprised and a tiny bit annoyed.

Dad got me an emergency car charger from Canadian Tire, so I plugged the little bugger in and wandered down to the church on foot. It needed 15-30 minutes to work its magic, it said.

Scott wasn't around, so I harrassed Trev for 20 minutes or so, then made my way back up 152 to where my car was *hopefully* ready to start. Insert key into igntion. Still nothing. Boo. I called Mom, then BCAA, who informed me it would be 50-60 minutes before they'd be able to come... I won't lie, it made me a bit sad, since I could see their office from where I was standing. Ah well. Called mom back, and she came to try and jump my car. Her cables weren't long enough to reach, but there was a kind and crazy old gentleman whose cables were like, 700' long (I kid), and who was able to hook us up. We got the car started just as BCAA pulled into the parking lot and as I was on old trying to cancel the service call. Figures!

I thought, well since I've already used up this call, I might as well get some advice from Mr. BCAA. He recommended that I not turn off the car for 45 minutes or so, so as to get a good charge in the battery. Alternator was fine; he thought it was just from not driving in for those two weeks when it was so cold.

Sooooo, I thought I might as well pick up the mug that I'd forgotten in Trev's office, and drove back to PPAC. Sitting in the parking lot, I repeated over and over to myself, 'DO NOT TURN OFF THE CAR! DO NOT TURN OFF THE CAR!'

Get out of the car: check
Keys still in the ignition: check
Lock door: (to prevent theft of laptop): check
Close door: check
Drop jaw as I realize what I've just done: check

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time I made it to Trevor's office, I was laughing so hard I'm sure my face was beet red. He was polite and only laughed at me for 35 or so minutes before grabbing his keys and, in a moment of chivalry, driving me to my house to get my spare set.

If this had happened on TV, a better ending to this story would have been another call to BCAA, whereupon the same guy would have arrived to deal with the same car, same girl, different location, different problem. But since it was me, I'm glad that didn't happen.

2 Comments:

  • t'was a good, good show. and apparently not nearly as good as their shows in the past. i'll tell you one thing (or maybe 2 things) it was SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!! and #2, we unpacked their music all the way home and for a good spell last night with a bunch of fans. i know their album inside out and can say without a doubt that these guys are being pretty honest about what they create. i'm so happy we stuck around...even if i was working on 4 hours of sleep the next day.
    (btw, i'm linking you on my blog so i can effortlessly check in on you)
    :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:26 p.m.  

  • oops. that was supposed to go under the au4 post...as i'm sure you figured out. btw, the title of that post made me smile really big.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home