Sara's Ramblings

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The best remedy...



Woke up in Whatcom this morning and hit the road by 8, just me, Bubba, and my radio. Cruising through the forest with my windows rolled down, wind whipping through the car, listening to Guster and singing my fool head off, then shooting down the I-5, stopping only to body slam as much gas (at $2.79/U.S. gal) into the car as possible. No line ups at the border and I'm home safe and sound.

If ever there was a weekend that I needed to get out of town, this was it. I spent a few days in the woods with family and friends-of-family, and it seems like the perfect remedy for... well, whatever it is that's been happening. All the f***ing drama of the week left me exhausted by Friday, not to mention Megs and I scrambling to get some huge orders out of the warehouse before our last day (also Friday).

I needed this.

3 Comments:

  • I make that $0.73/litre, or £0.41/litre, meanwhile petrol here is approx 94p/litre, or about double US prices (that's about C$2.10/litre.

    Well done on taking a break :)

    *hugs*

    Mike
    PS: Aside from my keyword today "ziodw" (which looks strangely Polish) there is a "disabled" sign there too. What's that about? It's not a disabled toilet, is it?

    By Blogger Mike, at 1:47 p.m.  

  • and then we start school soon....crazy. Can't wait to see you!!

    glad you had a good getaway, just what you needed.

    By Blogger ZAHiDA MACHAN, at 6:11 p.m.  

  • oooh, I just clicked on the disabled persons icon, and it spoke to me!

    By Blogger ZAHiDA MACHAN, at 6:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home