Sara's Ramblings

Friday, December 09, 2005

Memo From God: Sara, We Need To Talk

This is a continuation of my last post.

Last night I got locked out of my room. I had suspicions that I had left my key card in the room before dinner, but I had no way of knowing, and the office was shut until 8 am the next morning. Very unhappy, I searched and searched through my bag, but still no success. I couldn't very well go to sleep, because I had been typing up some stuff and burning pictures using my laptop, which I was no lugging around with me. After someone stole my Nalgene, I figured going to sleep with a laptop in my arms maybe wasn't the brightest idea.

I knew I had roommates; I had seen their stuff earlier. 11 came and went, and I started to wonder if I would have to stay up all night, a thought that made me really grumpy. So, I was sitting there in the common kitchen feeling sorry for myself, not having anything to do, when I decided, 'well, I might as well try to have a chat with God about all this "mememememe" stuff.' It felt like a chore, something I didn't want to do, because I know I've been bad. We all fall short, but in truth I haven't even been giving it my best shot lately. I've been too concerned about myself.

As soon as I started writing, my mood changed. I started to say sorry with my heart not just on paper. I always find it so ironic when I need God's help to truly confess to Him. Anyway, long story short, I finished, knowing I was forgiven, and felt heaps better about the prospect of staying up; it would only be one night, and I feel like I'm being dragged (willingingly) back on track this morning.

The thing is, no less than 15 seconds after I closed my notebook up, I heard noise in the hall, and saw two girls who just happened to have keys to my room. After hours of waiting, there they were.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. But Maybe God decided that since I wasn't about to stop and take the time to make things right, He was going to give me an obvious reminder that He is in control. And that He loves me. I'm serious when I say that the only reason I decided to start writing out an apology (although it became much more sincere as I went along) is because I had nothing else to do. And yet for that He rewarded me with a place to sleep and the knowledge that He's wiped the slate clean.

I love experiences like this... it just cements for me that what I believe is true, and Who I believe in is real.

1 Comments:

  • Hey chickie,

    I take it you won't be blogging from Hawaii. Just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and all that good stuff. Can't wait to see you SOON!

    love Z

    By Blogger ZAHiDA MACHAN, at 12:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home